Baccalaureate in Music for Piano Performance, Peabody Conservatory of the John’s Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
25 Years Teaching Experience
Several Years Experience playing and conducting for various churches
- Church Pianist
- Church Choir Accompanist
- Church Choir Director
Several Years Experience playing for weddings and performing at other special events
Active Member of the following organizations:
- National Guild of Piano Teachers,
- Maryland State Music Teachers Association, and
- Greater Columbia Music Teachers Association
Which open several opportunities for you:
- The National Guild of Piano Teachers allows me to enter my students in the National Piano Playing Auditions each spring. Based on the student’s level – Elementary A-F, Intermediate A-F, Preparatory A-D, or Advanced A-D – I plan curriculum for the year, and help each individual prepare several pieces and technical studies. Each student then performs for a judge in the spring, who independently assesses progress and playing quality, against established criteria.
- The Maryland State Music Teachers Association allows me to enter my students into state competitions for all ages and levels. The Spring Festival of competitions for both piano solos and ensembles is just one of many competitions open to my students. MSMTA also offers Theory Testing and Keyboard Musicianship Programs where each student may be tested for his knowledge at various levels once a year.
- The Greater Columbia Music Teachers Association offers local networking and other exciting performance opportunities for both teachers and students.