Baccalaureate in Music for Piano Performance, from the World Class Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
30 Years Teaching and Performing
- With a Steinway Grand Piano
- Accommodating audiences up to 70
- Offering a concert venue featuring Deborah, her students, and other classically trained artists
Active Member of the following organizations:
- National Guild of Piano Teachers (NGPT),
- Maryland State Music Teachers Association MSMTA), and
- Greater Columbia Music Teachers Association (GCMTA)
Which open several opportunities for you:
- NGPT runs the National Piano Playing Auditions each spring. Miss Deborah plans curriculum at the beginning of the year based on student levels (Elementary A-F, Intermediate A-F, Preparatory A-D, or Advanced A-D) and prepares her students for the spring programs. Children and adults alike may perform for judges in May, who independently assess progress against established criteria.
- MSMTA offers competitions for the more serious student – at all ages and levels. The Spring Festival of competitions for piano solos and ensembles is just one of many events open to students.
- GCMTA offers local networking and additional performance opportunities.